Favorite Quotes from WAQ Sr.

If you've got it flaunt it, because you won't always have it.

Run it off.

Less talk more action.

Buy quality, you'll never regret it.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Make a decision and live with it.

Hesitate and you are lost.

I'll never let you down. (he never did)


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Toughest Critics

So, last night when I was coming up with this blog layout etc, I had one of my darling daughters by my side on my bed looking for dresses on line for an upcoming Bat Mitzvah. She initially laughed at the idea and expressed some concern probably for her self and her own reputation. But after it came together and there was a photo of her dog and a few quotes from her beloved Papa, she said "it's okay mom, its looks legit". Phew! Now I just had to inform the other two. This did not go as well.

Upon pick up from the High School the oldest called me a name I cannot repeat and the middle did the same without batting an eye. The oldest explained that this was was something the housewives on TV would do, so typical. "What did you do get a blogspot?" Mom, please you are such a loser!

There is certainly no risk of my ego getting out of control in this household. The fact that I have any self confidence is a miracle at this point. Of course they do think I am pretty cool when they need a ride to this or that and a crisp 20 for "downtown". They love my friends (of course who wouldn't?), they love my clothes, and they are always game for dining out or watching TV together. I certainly don't want to be their "friend" that is always a huge mistake. But when they point out the ways in which you are perhaps acting your age it is a reminder that I am old enough to be their mother!




No comments:

Post a Comment